Get Rid of That Putrid Dead Animal Smell for Good.
If you have ever had an animal die in your car or home, there is no mistaking the odor. It is one you will never forget. Unfortunately, the dead animal smell does not go away quickly. That is why there are particular measures a Wildlife Removal Company will take to be sure the smell is gone for good.
Is the Dead Animal Smell Dangerous?
A dead animal found in your home or office can be quite jarring. An escaped small pet from its cage and lost in the house is even worse. But then, to have to endure the terrible dead animal smell for months is unbearable. No one wants that.
However, it is not just stinky, jarring, or sad. Those things are bad enough on their own. However, there are dangers the dead animal smell can create. Removing the odor and disinfecting the area is vital.
- The scent will attract other pests, parasites, and insects, hoping for a quick meal or an excellent place to nest.
- The odor can contaminate food and water supply if near the pantry or water lines, perhaps.
- The dead animal can spread disease. As flies get on the carcass, they fly around, transmitting the infection to pets and other pests.
- The stench alone will drive you and your family out.
How to Remove the Dead Animal Smell
Removing the odor is not as easy as a quick wipe down or spray, mostly if the carcass sat unnoticed for any length of time. Honestly, if you don’t want to deal with the smell, we don’t blame you. That is one of the things we do for you at World Class Wildlife Removal.
That said, if you are anxious to get started, you can try a few of the following tips and tricks to remove the horrid smell permanently. Just keep in mind, this is not a task quickly completed. It will take patience and time.
- Get Protective Gear ready to put on. Heavy-duty face masks, body coverings, gloves, and goggles will help keep the contaminates off of you and away from your lungs.
- Remove the carcass and excrement, leaving no visible trace of the animal. (Be sure there are no more lurking in the corners)
- Use Professional Equipment to get rid of the stink. Your local hardware store has rentals you can use for the day. Try a pressure washer, carpet, or floor cleaner for the best results. Make sure the chemical used with the cleaner is for strong odors.
- Disinfect the Area. Industrial-strength cleaners should be used in this case. Even a dead animal will still transmit disease, as well as anything it leaves behind. Making sure the area is parasite and disease-free is paramount.
Finally, call the professional at World Class Wildlife Removal to finish the job. World Class has the right stuff to control dead animal smell and keep the critters away forever.
Keep Critters From Entering Ever Again
Now, this is the real solution. If you never want to go through all this again, there are measures you can take to prevent animals from getting into your home. Repairing the entry point the animal came in is essential here. Other pests certainly know where that entry is even if you don’t because most animals secrete hormones so they can find their way back.
Once you locate the entry point, seal it off with wire mesh or metal sheeting. Then check the remainder of the home and yard to ensure there are no more potential entry points.
Furthermore, removing overgrown brush and yard waste will eliminate hiding places for the vermin. And keeping trees and shrubs from touching the house gets rid of access to the roof.
Finally, seal all home cracks, crevices, and vent openings to be extra sure there are no ways for the pests to enter the home.
Call World Class Wildlife Removal for Odor Control
The putrid smell, the agonizing process, and the cost to get the right equipment is an overwhelming thought. And if your family refuses to re-enter the home, you may have a hotel bill on your hands as well. Don’t let it get that far, and don’t tackle this process on your own.
As soon as you find the carcass or smell the intense odor of a dead animal, call for help. World Class Wildlife Removal will prioritize getting out to your home or office quickly to remedy the situation.
When you face removing the dead animal smell, please don’t delay; contact us today.